1) keep listing main bankrollers destroying Nature: boycott
2) advocate “ignorance-based world view” a la Wes Jackson and Wendell Berry: elaborate
3) UCS clubs @ colleges and universities designing lively biology curricula pre-K thru PhD:
NO to gene splicing
4) support J. Hagelin proposals: no more cyclotrons
5) meditate on Higgs boson: don’t agitate it
6) separate good science from bad tech
7) unite good joyous science with diverse pagan religions
Read more "agenda"
Tickertape, the entire sky is a New Year’s prom—
Streamers ripple, pour:
cars, floats, crowds waving
grey-speckled from news reels.
Here’s a war time ceremony preceding
the main feature. Here is intermission,
a pause between acts…
Now real life resumes, paper to be filled.
Read more "Snapping the Threads"
Thread after thread, it’s a delicate balance,
an arachnid dangling to plunge
like Amelia Earhart.
Like the arc of an asteroid’s predicted landing
Read more "Beyond Reach"
none of us are sure what’s yet to come as we ignore
skin’s craving. We stay in this strange apart space where
we cannot shake hands hug dance kiss cannot simply slide
next to one another on couch park bench diner booth as we’ve
always sat, loops for the same belt.
Read more "The Woman Lifted Her Water Jar"
sat by the well,
weary and hot,
In her eyes
(if you looked
was a yearning
She was wistful,
with a tiny tear
her fragile face.
I could almost
hear his name
on the winds
of the desert.
for so long, i wanted to be pink,
Read more "a mi sheberach"
like my tights, like the ribbons,
soft and satin.
i wanted to fit just right,
like blush fastening itself to my cheeks
and forehead when it’s the middle of the night
and the sun still burns in the air,
like the last drops of afternoon sliding
off the clouds to follow it.
i wanted to be girl, to be sweet,
to be rose without thorns,
to be dress, to be pure.
i resented red in all her brashness.